Help with lighting for a brand new hatchling beardie mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleDutchess

Hey all,

We just got our new beardie today! I bought a kit set up, only because it was a wicked sale, and cheaper than buying just the tank itself. It came with a 75 watt basking bulk (which is not heating his basking spot to 110 degrees, which I knew it wouldn't), and a 13 watt desert UVB bulb (again, bought it knowing full well I needed to get fluorescent tube lighting). They were out of a lot of lighting, and told me I could come home and set up his habitat, and then order the lighting on amazon prime.
I am getting so confused with all the lighting though... can someone help me and tell me exactly what I need to order? We went for a 20 gallon tank with a mesh top, which we will keep until he gets bigger and then switch him to a 40 gallon.

Thank you in advance!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
As for UVB preferences I prefer the Reptisun T5HO 10%. The fixtures come with a 5%, you will have to buy the 10% separately.
Buy a 2ft fixture so when you get the 40, you will already have the UVB for it.
The fixture can be placed on top of the screen as long as your basking spot is within 10" of the light.

What substrate do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom