Age vs. Tank Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarac

Hi everyone.

Just curious. In your experience, at what age does a bearded dragon need to be moved out of a 40 gallon tank? Is there an absolutely urgency to it or is it detrimental to health?

I have seen SO many different responses, even some saying that 40 gallons is good for life. I want to save up for a Zen habitat and want to know what my timeline is. My baby is 2 months right now. I’ll attach a pic! :)

110010-3894843012.jpg

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Welcome to the forum friend. In our opinion, I couldn't imagine my girl still being in a 40 gal tank and she's 6 months old. So I don't think it's kind to have it in there full-grown, not at all. However you are asking how long you got, I would say a few more months. You have time :D The wife loves that pic cute Lil :lol: one all spread out

sarac

Original Poster
Longfellow777":3smln4lm said:
Welcome to the forum friend. In our opinion, I couldn't imagine my girl still being in a 40 gal tank and she's 6 months old. So I don't think it's kind to have it in there full-grown, not at all. However you are asking how long you got, I would say a few more months. You have time :D The wife loves that pic cute Lil :lol: one all spread out

Thank you! Yea I knew 40 gallons couldn’t be good for life. Just moving out in may and that would be a great time to change enclosures, but maybe earlier. Glad you like that pic because the baby is sooo tiny!!

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
109225-290035704.jpg
Baby Freyja
109225-5270608673.jpg

And Freyja few months later lol. Yeah our baby was tiny too, it doesn’t last long though I’ll tell you what lol. We got Freyja @ the end of august and she was born in June 28.

sarac

Original Poster
Longfellow777":188f0ba7 said:
109225-290035704.jpg
Baby Freyja
109225-5270608673.jpg

And Freyja few months later lol. Yeah our baby was tiny too, it doesn’t last long though I’ll tell you what lol. We got Freyja @ the end of august and she was born in June 28.

Omg..... I’ll be getting that new enclosure fast ?!! Cute dragon btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom