Took a bite of new moss furniture??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krissy12

Hi all!

I have a baby beardie, about 2-3 months old or so. Today I bought him a new hide that is made of moss:
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-reptile-moss-corner-hide-54739.html?cgid=500116

Well I stuck it in there and then I was feeding him lunch but instead of eating the worms and veggies I was trying to give him, he ran to the new hide and took a bite of it?? I tried to stop him but he was already chewing it up.

Is this dangerous? Should I take it out? I bought it because I've been struggling with the humidity level in his tank, it's always so low that the reader doesn't even register it, just always says "Lo". Thought this would be helpful. But not if he's just gonna eat it?!??

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Krissy12":2wyetsg1 said:
Hi all!

I have a baby beardie, about 2-3 months old or so. Today I bought him a new hide that is made of moss:
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-reptile-moss-corner-hide-54739.html?cgid=500116

Well I stuck it in there and then I was feeding him lunch but instead of eating the worms and veggies I was trying to give him, he ran to the new hide and took a bite of it?? I tried to stop him but he was already chewing it up.

Is this dangerous? Should I take it out? I bought it because I've been struggling with the humidity level in his tank, it's always so low that the reader doesn't even register it, just always says "Lo". Thought this would be helpful. But not if he's just gonna eat it?!??
You need a humidity gauge or probe that reads a percentage and him eating the moss shouldn't cause any problems as it's a natural moss but it may have dyes or other things in it so I would avoid letting him eat it and maybe take it out all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom