Help with the enclosure and substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Hello All. Right now I have the reptile carpet for my substrate. I’m finding it hard to keep clean. What kind of tile is the best to get that won’t be to slippery for him? I’ve included a picture of his enclosure, to get any advice on if everything looks ok for him? I will be upgrading to a bigger enclosure in a few months, he’s in a 40 gallon now and is about 4/5 months old. He loves roaches and horn worms and silk worms. That’s pretty much the only bugs he will eat, which means I have to go to the store a lot because he goes through roaches quickly. I’ve had him for three months, so any advice on what I need to do better is welcome. He is a pretty happy dragon.
109334-2819174915.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get some either textured NON adhesive shelf liner or some slated ceramic tile - something that has a texture but nothing real coarse - it will need to be cut to the tank size w/ a tile cutter so you dont get jagged edges - I would not seal or grout it you want to be able to pull the tile for thorough cleaning you can use a thick shop paper towel under the tiles to catch the watery urate for easy cleaning- vinegar/ water 50/50 solution same will work on the shelf liner for clean up -
I would start shopping on line for your bugs
www.dubiaroaches.com they have the best bugs you have the option of having the post office hold you can also call your post office and tell them to hold the live insects and you go pick them up
www.reptilianarts.com their silks come w/ food but the supers come in butcher paper in a gunny sack w/ no food
www.coastalsilkworms.com
www.aarfeeders.com they have bundle packs
www.symptonbsf.com great bsfl
www.mulberryfarms.com spendy on shipping I think their supers come the same way from reptilianarts
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom