Hide safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpike

I have a quick question. I just read on a Beardie Facebook group that the half log Hides are not good for Bearded dragons because they are made of pine. Is this true? I've had one since I got Spike 2 months ago. Just wondering if I need to toss it. Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've heard that they could pose a potential threat due to their sap. That said, I've used them for years and haven't seen any ill effects. They are widely used and I consider them to be a good versatile option as a basking/hide combo. If you notice one leaking sap (which I haven't seen before) you could rinse it off and bake it in the oven on low (250 or so ) for an hour and really dry it out which should take care of the problem. I really wouldn't worry about it though.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Theyre made outof cedar and Douglas fir which is a type of pine . I've had some of the ones I've had showed signs of sap also heard the smell can be an irritant . Better overall to use cork hollows and cork bark tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom