Heat fixture issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to upgrade my beardies heat lamp recently as his other one wasn’t emitting enough heat. I bought the eco terra 150w ceramic heat emitter (moving it up from the 100w) however I never noticed that apparently using a metal fixture can be a fire hazard and I should be using a wire one? I never ran into an issue with the 100w one with the fixture the metal barely got hot I don’t believe it says anything about it on the that bulb either (it’s a zoo med one and it says it goes to 150) but Now I’m worried with the stronger watt I could end up busting something and put my beardie in danger
Should I play it safe and buy the wire one and is there any other fixtures I could get easily without having to order something in?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what you are referring to by a wire fixture, but any metal fixture with a ceramic socket (as opposed to a plastic socket) should be able to handle a CHE as long as the fixture is rated for the wattage.

A 150w CHE gets hot, their is no getting around that.

-Brandon

RandomLizardOwner

Original Poster
It does have a ceramic socket I’ll give it a try and just keep a close eye on it just to make sure. Heating always has confused me no matter how much I look into it haha thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom