Veneer faux stone panelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy714

Hi! We got a 2 year old Bearded Dragon about a year ago. I've been doing a lot of research on care and habitat and this site has been very helpful. My husband is currently building Leonard a custom 4×2×2 enclosure. I've been looking into the best ways to decorate it to make is resemble his natural habitat. I've seen some really cool stuff on here with the foam and concrete, but I simply don't have the time to invest in all of that. I was looking on Amazon for the best 3D foam backdrops but I'm underwhelmed. Then I had an idea, which leads me to my question: home depot sells veneer faux stone panels for fireplaces/outside house resurfacing/ect. Would this be a safe option to use on the wall as a back drop for my enclosure? It is built out of wood, and will have maple 1/4 in. Underlayment lining this inside. I plan on putting a sealer to protect against humidity and ceramic tiles on the floor. Here is the link to the stone veneers I have in mind: https://www.homedepot.com/p/GenStone-Stacked-Stone-Desert-Sunrise-12-in-x-42-in-Faux-Stone-Siding-Panel-G2SSDSHP/309651076

λύκος

Did you ever use that faux stone siding panel? I realize this is now over a year old, so would love to know if you or anyone else has used this. I think it would be a great idea, but have not really looked at what it is made out of yet. Aesthically it is pleasing, I would prefer the iron ore personally, but I have read that beardies prefer lighter backgrounds so the vanilla bean would probably be best if I were to go with something like this. I hope someone shares if they have used this in their enclosures or if there are any reasons not to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom