150w intense basking bulb in mini dome fixture, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconSlayed2630

So my bulb blew in a deep dome lamp fixture for my one beardies 40 gallon tank. We couldn't get the end of the bulb out so we had to use a mini dome that we had because we dont have enough money at this time to buy a deep dome. Is it okay to use a 150 watt intense basking bulb in a mini dome lamp fixture for now until we can get a new dome lamp? I have googled this question over a dozen times and havent found a helpful answer. So I figured I'd ask you all on your opinion. We will hopefully be able to get a dome lamp on friday, we just dont want anything to happen to our beardie we love them all so much. Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Its fine as long as the mini dome is rated for 150w. Check the fixture. Some domes aren't rated thst high.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Exactly what Brandon said. I have found that even if the fixture is rated EXACTLY for a particular wattage, I run the risk of blowing the bulb. Ideally, you want the fixture to EXCEED the wattage of the bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom