Best flooring for my dragon? Help me out please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

littylivvy

Hey, I used sand for my past dragons but i’ve done more research and I don’t want to put my new dragon at risk of impaction. I used carpet for months, but with further research, people say how it can cause scale rot from the bacteria in the carpet, and buying new carpet every month is expensive. So then I moved onto paper towel, but it seems that he ate some (he’s okay lol) and I just don’t really enjoy it in the cage and he seems to hate it since he scratches at it all the time. Can anyone tell me other safe flooring options that worked out for you and your dragon ??

Thanks!

-liv

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can use slated ceramic tile cut to the size of the tank - only get this is if hes in his permanent home or NON adhesive shelf liner --- both can be purchased at your local home improvement store - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50-50 solution - you will need a tile cutter to cut the tile so you do not get jagged edges -- you can use a thick shop paper towel for under the tile to catch the watery urate - my tiles are layed in the tank loose so I can put them for deep cleaning once a month w/ F 10 -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom