Temps sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
I have a one year, one month old beardie, so I’m using “adult temps” for reference.
He’s been way too cold and I’m trying to fix it for him. :( I messed up. :banghead:

Does this sound right?
Basking spot: 100 to 105 degrees
Ambient/warm side 80 to 86 degrees
Gradient down to the cool side, 75 degrees.
I’d use a 150 watt repti sun basking bulb, (24 inch tall cage, basking spot is lower).
Also, instead of using a ceramic lamp, is there a heating lamp that also provides light that ISNT a basking bulb? If not, I’d use a ceramic, but I want it to be nice and bright and warm. (I’ve always used zoo med, I’ve never had any issues with them).
Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would up basking temps to 105-110
You want warm 90"s
cool 80's
A regular house hold bulb for light is good LED they put off no heat or a regular old style bulb like a 60 watt will put off some but not much
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom