Heatpads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
I have had a heating pad under the glass cage I have for my beardie, I have always had it ever since I got my beardie, I heard tonight that heat pads are dangerous for beardies but are they save if the heat pad is under the Enclosure?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
DragonMaster9817":71wl3nc9 said:
I have had a heating pad under the glass cage I have for my beardie, I have always had it ever since I got my beardie, I heard tonight that heat pads are dangerous for beardies but are they save if the heat pad is under the Enclosure?

I've got film style (non-adhesive) heat pads in all my skinks' and bearded dragons' tanks .

I install mine sandwiched between ceramic wall or floor tiles (inside rearing tubs or the tanks) and do not rely on the built-in temp limiting circuits in the heatpads use separate switching style thermostats to control the pad temperatures , I set the pads to hold 35-36 degC for the dragons , and 30 - 32 degC for the eastern water skinks or the eastern bluetongues.

Worked perfectly fine for me for o/night heating for over 10 years . Mind you , it never gets colder than 22 degC in my house and we never see frosts or snow here. 33 deg S lat , coastal subtropical , less than 5 km from ocean .

Your heating needs over winter if you are in most area of USA will be more extreme than mine .
A properly controlled heatpad is fine so long as the reptile is unable to have direct skin contact to it and you use a separate thermostat to control it
= if the heat pad's temp limiting ct fails < shorts > it can't over heat < thermostat simply cuts power
= if the heat pad's temp limiting ct fails < open ct > no issue , it will simply not heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom