Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
View media item 23284View media item 23297
109225-6013468988.jpg
I have got the command Velcro and put up my 22 inch T5 10.0 I was told it would get through the mesh But 50% would be blocked and she was like 12 to 14 inches from it no matter where she was in the tank my question is is this feasible she’s got about 8 to 10 inches on the highest point of the cage to the bulb the rest I know is 12 inches at least so will there be any burns involved I know these are powerful bulbs and ideas to make her quality-of-life better not worsePlease tell me if you have any advice will this work

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like a good range. I do suggest moving it so that the fixture is directly overhead and facing downward rather than on the back wall facing out. The UVB lights don't get very hot so they don't pose a burn risk. Generally 12-14'' is a good distance to the main basking area when not shining through a mesh top. The amount the mesh blocks varies depending on how thick/fine the mesh is really, it's not a set thing. If you keep it on top, then build a basking area more around 10-12'' from the bulb to make up for what is lost to the mesh. If you have areas that allow closer access (no closer than 6'' or so) and areas that are further away (little to no UVB) then it should be OK. They'll move around to get what they need given the options.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok because ever since i made this change 2 hours ago she has been in her hide do you see her little tail there. She is not out... maybe shes just stressed. so theres no way i am hurting her or causeing her discomfort lol im sorry im a worry wart

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes adjustments can stress them out, but this may also just be coincidence and she wants to be in her hide for a bit. Give her some time to adjust to the changes and see how it goes. You aren't causing her harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom