Setup help for disabled bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASleo

Hi,

I'm seeking suggestions and ideas for a safe tank setup for my guy, Madesi. He's 1 year old and has a clean bill of health, but doesn't have spectacular muscle control. His legs and arms don't really cooperate and he has a hard time walking, climbing and going where he wants to.

Because of this, his tail ends up flailing about and smacking the glass of the tank. This is the second time now that he's caused some damage to his tail that needs medical attention and I hate seeing him get hurt from his tank. Another issue, is he sometimes flips himself over when he tries to turn out of a corner.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a situation like this or has ideas that would make his tank safer for him.

Right now I have him in one of the 40 breeder tanks with the doors on the front. He has carpet substrate and a short rock for basking. There is a tent in the cool side of the tank to give him shelter and shade with a little bed under it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok good bulb- distance 12-15 inches from basking decor? Ahbd needs to help you set up your tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom