Building my first enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullengscott

So I’m pretty new to reptiles fortunately for me I’ve been taking care of an old beardie and fallen in love with him. He’s not got long left in this world and we’ve decided to get anther once he’s left us. I want to build a new enclose so he can really enjoy the last of his time there as what he is currently in Is a very poorly made custom job. I’m a carpenter so I don’t need advice on construction just on everything else Im very well reasearched about their care but not as well informed about how they enjoy living. I’d like to know more about bioactive enclosures and how to do them. I understand all the soil and plant stuff but most places are very vague about the available and safe plants and what actually goes into these bioactive soils. The only options I’ve seen are pre packaged kits with no instruction on how to make it yourself and the kits are very expensive for soil unless I’m missing something that makes them so expensive. Thank you for any advice you give and I also have to scale plans of the build if anyone would like to check them over

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's lucky to be able to enjoy time under your care. Thanks for giving him a good life and building a high quality enclosure for him. Your carpentry skills are light years beyond what I can do, but I do know their environmental needs very well and will be happy to help guide your design to optimize it for him if you'd like me to.

As far as bioactive setups go, I would check with the biodude website for supplies and instructions. I believe there is also a youtube channel. Here is an older guide written by a habitat expert from this site that is currently being revamped a bit, but may give you some good ideas. https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=248335&p=1883228

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom