Thermostat Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Hey gang
Staring at Mr. Pickles empty enclosure has me very depressed but good news is on the horizon. I'm on the waiting list at my local reptile store to adopt one of the few surrenders they have coming up. So anyway replacing my POS thermostat with a Herpstat1. Never used this one so is there a better one out there or is this a good stat (reviews seem to be good but looking for first hand usage)? I'm replacing some generic one I got off a breeder who was moving and looking to dump gear.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've never felt the need to use a thermostat but I know cooperdragon uses that model. From all I've heard and seen over the years, it's very well made.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It was a bummer to read about the misinformation you got from the shop in your other thread. I'm glad you were able to give Mr. Pickles a good home at the end. You made a positive difference in his life. I'm glad you are able to adopt another dragon and give them a good home too. Lots of dragons out there in need.

I use the Herpstat2 (I control both the basking light and my heat projector with it). It works pretty well and once you have it programmed it is hands off. It does a nice job of adjusting the temps when the house temps change (usually most in spring/fall as seasons change). Also keeps the overnight temps up by kicking in the heat projector as needed overnight (usually in winter). The new model has more features and web connectivity. I haven't tried that yet but the older product I have is worthwhile. The Herpstat 1 should work well if you want to control just the basking light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom