Opinion - What One is Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
I've been keeping my beardie in a Zoo Med 40 gal. breeder tank - top screen access. Size is 36wx18dx18h. A friend just gave me a brand new Exo-Terra Natural Terrarium 36wx18dx12h with front open doors. Which one do you think is better?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The bigger tank which is the one you have now --- the one your friend has is a approx 33 gallon -- your tank is a 40 -- so your downsizing --- keep him in the one he is in now -- I know the ones w/ top screen are a pain but the dragon needs the floor space -- it was nice of your friend to give you the tank but optimally your tank is bigger --- you can see if you can find another bigger tank like 75-120 gallon w/ front doors on FB marketplace or Craigslist but you would need to sanitize that tank real good if you found one w/ Zoo Meds Wipe Out or F 10 that is a vet disinfectant -- found on Ebay - good to have on hand
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there, definitely the first one. 12 inches in height really isnt suitable for beardies. Makes it too difficult to get proper temps and gradients, plus leaves almost no room for climbing.

-Brandon

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks all. I'll keep him in his current setup and find a good rescue to donate the one my friend gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom