Reptisun 10.0 distancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damienne17

Original Poster
108766-1860743156.jpg

Sorry just realized you can't see how the lights are.
When it was pointed straight down it was about 107 on the far right, it wnded up getting

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok so the lighting looks good -- I would look at upgrading his tank - it looks like hes outgrown it- does he use that rock thing on the side of the tank/
Karrie

Damienne17

Original Poster
Bah sorry still trying to figure out how to post lol..
He stayed on the left for just a few mins and is back to the middle! Yay!
Yes, he always used the rock until I got the stick. That's when he quit basking.
Unfortunately it will be a bit before I can upgrade the tank (again, I've already upgraded once. He's like a weed, and is only 6 or 7 months) as this is the largest available in stores and I am contemplating different designs for a 5 1/2 x 2 to sit on my dresser.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you can make it yourself that is good look at the DIY board you can get some ideas of what to use etc---- I recommend at least a 4x2x2 - that is a 120 gallon tank -- you dont want it lower than 18" tall -- if hes not using the rock anymore I would take it out --- get him another log he can sit on lay on stand against etc ---- something like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-driftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 they can be laid in the tank different ways --- my dragons love them --- here is a pic of Blaze and the piece in his tank
97951-8462642594.jpg
He and Hiccup use these pieces in many ways
Lets hoping he stays basking now --- his behavior and eating should change -- good temps w/ good UVB :)
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the tank set up looks very nicely done although it COULD be a bit larger and your beardie looks great. Two things possibly causing his problem. Any temp. over 100 is usually not tolerated by larger dragons so keep it around 98 at the highest. Also the high doe of meds. now may have sickened him some, keep him well hydrated by dripping water on his snout and get some baby food squash as a salad topper to hopefully entice him to eat his greens. With a lower temp. + more hydration he should bounce back. You might try a probiotic as well.

Damienne17

Original Poster
KarrieRee":12lcslro said:
If you can make it yourself that is good look at the DIY board you can get some ideas of what to use etc---- I recommend at least a 4x2x2 - that is a 120 gallon tank -- you dont want it lower than 18" tall -- if hes not using the rock anymore I would take it out --- get him another log he can sit on lay on stand against etc ---- something like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-driftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 they can be laid in the tank different ways --- my dragons love them --- here is a pic of Blaze and the piece in his tank
97951-8462642594.jpg
He and Hiccup use these pieces in many ways
Lets hoping he stays basking now --- his behavior and eating should change -- good temps w/ good UVB :)
Karrie

Ohh, are you meaning that rock on the right hand side? He did lean on it for a few this morning, but yeah, he hasn't really used it much since he outgrew the holes. You are right, taking it out would add more floor space. :)
I was actually looking for that stick you sent me the link to,, but they didn't have any in stock. The other stick he's got was also from petsmart.
He is still in his spot on his stick, and it's been a couple hours now! That's the most he's basked in the last couple of weeks! So I guess maybe his issue was that he just really likes that spot ??
Looks like he ate more of his salad when I wasn't looking too and got back up on his stick. So I think maybe he is good :)
Yes, that's what I meant sorry, it's going to be 5x2x2.
Thanks so much for your help ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you have a petsmart in town go visit it and see if they have them he will like that piece
:)
Karrie

Damienne17

Original Poster
AHBD":1bxddf0x said:
Hi there, the tank set up looks very nicely done although it COULD be a bit larger and your beardie looks great. Two things possibly causing his problem. Any temp. over 100 is usually not tolerated by larger dragons so keep it around 98 at the highest. Also the high doe of meds. now may have sickened him some, keep him well hydrated by dripping water on his snout and get some baby food squash as a salad topper to hopefully entice him to eat his greens. With a lower temp. + more hydration he should bounce back. You might try a probiotic as well.

Thanks! I was honestly wondering that about the temps, as when I was asking this same question on another forum a couple weeks ago, I got told his temps we're too low and they should be 110-115 degrees in his basking spot. That didn't make sense to me as he seemed like he was trying to get away from the lights.. (He was hiding underneath of the hammock at the time). That's when I got a lower wattage bulb, but then he started to hang out on the cool side on that stick.
Now that I've moved the furniture around it looks like he just really likes the spot he found on his stick. It is actually 98° exactly on his spot on that stick where I have it now that I've moved it ??
As for the meds, I actually googled the meds to be sure before I gave them to him since the vet didn't seem at all knowledgeable about bearded dragons. She couldn't even understand why I would want to give probiotics. (I ended up having to get the probiotics online.) That's when I discovered that she had prescribed way to much, so he did end up getting the correct dose :) That was about a month ago he was on the meds, and his appetite has fully returned :)

Damienne17

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1d7u08ri said:
If you have a petsmart in town go visit it and see if they have them he will like that piece
:)
Karrie

No :( It's about 1 1/2 hours away to get to the petsmart and it wasn't in stock last time I was there, and wasn't sure about ordering it online without having a chance to check it out.
It is so funny you suggested it though because I've totally had my eye on that exact one for awhile :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They probably have been selling a lot of them as I recommend that piece alot
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
6 months is right around the same time our now 7 month old decided she doesn't like it super hot anymore also. She kept hanging out on the floor so I got the hint to check what temp she kept gravitating to, and it was 95. So I did the same thing you did, adjusted her basking spot to be right around there. These dragons sure keep us guessing, don't they? ?

Damienne17

Original Poster
WinFam01":1x1uq6bl said:
6 months is right around the same time our now 7 month old decided she doesn't like it super hot anymore also. She kept hanging out on the floor so I got the hint to check what temp she kept gravitating to, and it was 95. So I did the same thing you did, adjusted her basking spot to be right around there. These dragons sure keep us guessing, don't they? ?

I'm glad y'all had the same experience, now I know I'm doing the right thing :)
He's been happily hanging out in his favorite spot all afternoon now ??
The only thing is I noticed just now he is closing his eye when he turns his head so his eye is pointing towards the UVB, so I'm assuming the light is bugging his eyes. I shut it off for now and will have to figure out something so it's not in his line of sight after dinner.

Damienne17

Original Poster
KarrieRee":212ls7z1 said:
They probably have been selling a lot of them as I recommend that piece alot
Karrie

I'm definitely gonna have to buy it now :) It's like the universe was telling me I needed to ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You are fine its directly overhead that is where you want it -- they often close one eye when basking -- and hes probably just looking at it --- if the bulb is bothering his eye or eyes he will have eye issues like watering swelling etc
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom