Set up of 120 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am upgrading my beardie to a 120gal tank this weekend, from the 45gal tank he is in currently. Will the larger tank require multiple heat sources? It's the standard 120gal, 48"L, 24"W, 24"H. What's the best way to set up multiple heat sources, and does it also require multiple UVB sources?

If anyone has any pictures of their current 120gal setup, I'd appreciate seeing them!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need a UVB of 24" fixture and a T 5 bulb- I bright white basking bulb - start w / a 100 watt make sure you have a digital probe thermometer or a infared heat gun- it will be trial and error- w/ bulbs--- here is my tank it's a Zen habitat
97951-8462642594.jpg
You only need one basking spot for heat - my UVB is towards front of tank middle- basking spot is in back
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom