Wood Log/Decoration Ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo15

Hi! I just wanted to start this discussion because I was having trouble finding different decorations or items for my beardie to lay on, or just to go in his cage. Specifically, I was wanting ideas for wood logs, but any item is great. Does anybody here have any good places where I can buy some, because right now my beardie's cage is quite basic and I want to add more so he has more to lay/bask on. I always see pictures of these great cages, but can never find any of the products. Any suggestions/ideas are great. Thanks!!! :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Some people get stuff from outside wood logs branches etc but you must sanitize them in like the oven before use to kill whatever is living in it - they are hard to keep clean when the dragon has pooped on them - I use stuff from Petsmart its a resin material and easy to keep clean and they have nice decor for dragons - its up to you
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like the looks of driftwood. If you have some nice wide, flat pieces that you can find (or buy) they make good basking spots. I also like the look of grapewood. I haven't used it myself but it has a similar look/feel as driftwood pieces.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
CarolinaCustomCages has some pieces of resin basking decor sized appropriately for adult dragons, which is nice, but it's both pretty and pretty pricey ($54 for a branch or rock arch, $35 for a bridge). I got Figment's main basking branch at an aquarium specialty shop, but I've always thought that reptile expos are good places to pick up grapevine and branches, too. I don't have much in the way of driftwood lying about in nature near me! :)

I did just pick up a resin gnarled branch from Petsmart yesterday - one that Karrie has for her dragons - but so far Figment isn't having anything to do with it. :roll:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What a stinker!!! :). He will get used to it hiccup is someway anything new he will stare at it for awhile- lol
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Spider wood is very cool but expensive , mopani wood is nice and cheap other drift woods sandblasted grapevine, malyasian drift wood , ghost wood. those are pretty widely used, you can use sycamore bark for accents and corkbark . Petsmart has some very nice imitation wood i say petsmart cause they are exclusive there , some slate rock stone is sweet or sandstone and my favorite dragon stone also mineral rocks are great my favorites being jasper and tigerstone and blue howlite. you can do so much more in a bioactive enclosure

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":2o5vu8gl said:
Some people get stuff from outside wood logs branches etc but you must sanitize them in like the oven before use to kill whatever is living in it - they are hard to keep clean when the dragon has pooped on them - I use stuff from Petsmart its a resin material and easy to keep clean and they have nice decor for dragons - its up to you
Karrie
i have two of those petsmart exclusive poly resin logs theyre topfin brand right? i have the 50 dollar orange one and the newer one thats way bigger and was 86$ sounds like alot but both pieces easily worth it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No they are All Living Things brand - now they are Thrive -- one was $20 and the other like $15 -- the rock in Hiccups tank I cant find anymore -- they dont make it
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Wickedpogana":3mc4ffte said:
i have two of those petsmart exclusive poly resin logs theyre topfin brand right? i have the 50 dollar orange one and the newer one thats way bigger and was 86$ sounds like alot but both pieces easily worth it

I was tempted by a very large $56 resin log in the aquarium section when I was at Petsmart... might be the same piece you're talking about; it stinks being on a budget! I can see how having one very large piece of decor would really be a nice focal point for a tank. I bought the $20 resin branch and rested it on my existing spiderwood (which was INSANELY expensive at $99, but my best friend got it for me as a housewarming present for Figment). It provides plenty of climbing space now, but visually and aesthetically it doesn't really "go together."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom