Pheobe's New Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! When I first got Little Pheobe she was a month old and housed in a 20-gallon terrarium, now at six months, she's finally been upgraded to a big girl tank and I thought I'd share my excitement with you guys! I was going to upgrade her sooner, but Pheobe didn't really show any signs that she was in discomfort with her tank, she never glass surfed or was angry, dark or stressed, in fact, she got upset with me when I removed her from her twenty-gallon to give her a new forty gallon home. :lol:

A bigger light bar and stronger basking lamp coming soon! It should be here in a few days!

PS. No, I'm not a crazy person that covers my tank with aluminum foil to keep the demon voices out of Pheobe's head. Where I live is really cold and even during the summer months, I need help from it getting to Pheobe's Australian desert basking temperature. If anyone knows a less stupid-looking way of increasing the tank temperature, please let me know.

First two images are old tank and last one is the new tank
107439-4750861418.jpg
107439-6318863998.jpg
107439-4021158330.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First what are you using to get basking temps? You need a digital probe thermometer-- - leave the probe there for 10 minutes get temp- next what are you using for a UVB a T 5 or a T 8? If its the T 5 you can have it on top of the screen but the basking decor MUST be directly underneath it 8-10 inches- if you are using a T 8 it needs to be inside the tank w/ a piece of decor directly underneath so she can get to the UVB rays - right now she cant do that -- the piece of decor needs to be 6-8 inches directly underneath it
Karrie

DerangedLava

Original Poster
She has digital thermometers in the tank and I have a temp gun, she has a T5, I have to get more driftwood so she has more to climb on. Her basking spot is 8 inches from her lamp, measured out. She also has another UVB lamp right next to her basking so she can get rays while she basks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If it's a coil they are no good- inadequate- I would get a piece of decor under your T 5 - it's a way better bulb than the coil-- and I would ditch it all together -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom