Two Substrates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have researched that a part of bearded dragons' natural habitat is sand and that a lot of people have two substrates for their bearded dragons and don't feed their beardies in the sand. Should I wait for my beardie to become an adult and then have half loose substrate? Or should I just not have it at all? I will also do more research on the specific substrate and not use calcium sand. Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Most on here do not recommend sand at all --- too much risk for impaction plus it harbors bacteria -- maybe some sort of bioactive area would be good -- some others on here would need to advise on that topic
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
i have post on here breaking down arid bioactives, sand is awful when used by itself is dirty and dusty will cause URI they cant get a good footing on it and the list goes on, Bioactive has sand in the mix i used playsand some use silica sand, i would do some with Slate rock not slate tile but slate rock and the rest bioactive :study: They dont live on sand thats a coastal dune habitat im sure they can pass it sometime during a lifespan in the wild but beardies live and thrive in Woodslands and scrublands and even sub tropical savnnahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom