Outgrowing beloved stick in her enclosure, is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nina seems very attached to her stick. She is 8 months old and I feel like she is growing too big for it. She will dangle like an acrobat off it sometimes,but not in a distressing manner. She is able to maneuver it okay but it's getting trickier for her. I took it out for awhile because I bought new decor since I was convinced she had outgrown it and she was sullen. I put it back in her tank but now I feel like it's time! I can't find any others quite like it yet... her belly is almost twice the width of the branch and there are small branches on the top that give her stability but the lower branch is skinnier than her.

So should I do away with it and let her adapt until finding an appropriate replacement? She can still maneuver it but I dont want her to fall.

Raninicholle33

Original Poster
I took it out today and installed a hammock. I placed it higher up to give her that security she gets from her stick. The other decor gives her the ability to climb or hide like her giant rock hide and a log and an additional slate like rock for basking by the hammock. All the items are artificial not real wood or rock.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of hammock? We have a lot of dragons getting nails caught in the fine mesh of hammocks if you have a fleece one that would be good - those fine mesh are hard on nails for getting caught and ripped -- just saying --
Karrie

Raninicholle33

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1gunsl80 said:
What kind of hammock? We have a lot of dragons getting nails caught in the fine mesh of hammocks if you have a fleece one that would be good - those fine mesh are hard on nails for getting caught and ripped -- just saying --
Karrie
It is a seagrass hammock. Is this kind still prone to snagging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom