lighting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

So recently the UV lighting in my beardies viv gave up the ghost, no issue I thought, ordered the usual lights I use which originally came with the viv 4 years ago when I got it. I have never had any issues with them before, went to clean out her viv and change the lighting popped them in and nothing, both UV lights not working. I'm getting pretty freaked as she obviously needs her lighting and I really have no clue what to do, the only other thing I can think of is maybe the fuses need changing in the plugs? Her heat lamp is perfectly fine though.

Iv'e included a photo of one of the lights the other one sits on the opposite side of the viv

Any help would be much appreciated.

84836-3163366947.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your UVB light is 4 years old??????????? UVB lights need to be changed out T 5's once a year T 8's every 6 months ------------ there is no reflector on the UVB - it has not done any good so to speak - you need to get a fixture w/ a reflector and a new bulb or get a new bulb and put the UVB directly over head w /a distance of 4-6 inches from basking decor ------------- the reflector intensifies the UVB rays --
Karrie

b0undb0nes

Original Poster
Thank you very much! And I change the lights around every 6 months, but what you suggested sounds much better!

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I got ours from Pangea reptile, a T5 hood + an Arcadia bulb and they have only a $7 shipping charge. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom