Thermostat issues and advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalnox

Hi, I'll try and keep this short-ish.
I got a Microclimate OLED dimmer with my beardie, and it was fine for a few months until it started cutting out during the day or not coming on in the morning.
I bought a Habistat hi-range dimmer to replace it, and could NOT get above 35 degrees with it, no matter the bulb or how high it was turned up.
So I bought a Microclimate B1 Hi range stat to replace that, and sold the Habi.

Meanwhile I sent my OLED for repair. It came back, and has now blown two fuses in two days and does not turn on at all after the second fuse. I rang the store I bought it from to see if I could get a replacement and they said the OLED had been discontinued and all of them had massive problems. Great! Why sell it then!

SO I'm now using the other Microclimate stat, despite that also dimming the bulb before hitting temperatures and not getting the temps it was turned up to. I've moved the probe further from the basking spot so I can hopefully get the right temperature.

I'm so sick of this.
What thermostats do you actually recommend? I'm scared to spend £100 on the EVO in case that doesn't work right either.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to ask Brandon claudiusx or Cooper Dragon about those -- they would best be the ones to answer that question -- I personally dont use timers -- I do it manually ---
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The Microclimate and Habistat brands have good reputations in general but I have not used them myself. Komodo also makes basic dimming thermostats but again, I don't have first hand experience. https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/komodo-dimming-thermostat-600w/ I have a Spyder Robotics Herpstat that is pretty good, but I'm not sure you can get it in the UK. The features/programmability of what I have is probably closest to a Microclimate EVO. If reliable in terms of build quality, then the features are well worth the money in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom