The Dreaded Substrate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
So for my dragon I've been using the Exo Terra sand mat. I shake it off before putting it in Pickles home to make sure any loose stuff comes off. I like it because it help wear his nails down. Now I'm being scolded that I'll kill my dragon with it and should be using reptile carpet. My question was won't his nails get caught in the carpet? So is the sand mat bad? Thoughts? I'm not a fan of tile because when I put Pickles down on my tile floor he slides and just stops moving and his beard gets black until I pick him up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sand mats are not bad its just that they are spendy and hard to keep clean - you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from home depot that others have in their tanks I use slated ceramic tile that has texture but is not course or rough smooth but w/ texture to it for wearing the nails down and non slippage
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
the mat is very unsanitary, tile causes joint and limb damage after so long, make the correct housbandry choice and go bioactive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom