New enclosure lighting and ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
107957-4920373457.jpg
107957-2045363351.jpg

Just about finished my beardies new enclosure and I had a few questions for more experienced owners. First I was wondering about lighting. I have a 36 inch reptisun 10.0 bulb on an angle in the front and his basking light in the middle above his temple. The enclosure is 6x3x3. Is this enough light?
Second I was wondering about heat, there is a ceramic bulb in the left most fixture.
Third is ventilation, there's a 1 foot square hole in his roof where his sunroom will be on the right. Should I put some holes in the roof on the left side too?

Draven88

Hatchling Member
The basking light looks good as long as its hitting the right temps. A Reptisun 10.0 if it is a T5 with reflector you would want somewhere around 12 - 15 inches away maybe slightly more since there is a wide light area and will be getting it even when not directly basking. Its hard to judge just on the picture but i'm estimating the pyramid to be no more than 12 inches leaving about 24 to the UVB. If getting it that close is not easy you can switch to an Arcadia 14% which will be similarly effective at 18-20 inches. All of this is based on T5 since it wasn't specified T5 vs T8, and T8 has even less of an effective distance and the same applies if there is not a reflector.

Beardylover4511

Original Poster
Draven88":3c2vizr2 said:
The basking light looks good as long as its hitting the right temps. A Reptisun 10.0 if it is a T5 with reflector you would want somewhere around 12 - 15 inches away maybe slightly more since there is a wide light area and will be getting it even when not directly basking. Its hard to judge just on the picture but i'm estimating the pyramid to be no more than 12 inches leaving about 24 to the UVB. If getting it that close is not easy you can switch to an Arcadia 14% which will be similarly effective at 18-20 inches. All of this is based on T5 since it wasn't specified T5 vs T8, and T8 has even less of an effective distance and the same applies if there is not a reflector.

Thx I will have to lower his light then. It is a t5 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom