UVB Question on Arcadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
So up until now I have used Reptisun T5 10.0 bulbs but I am seeing so many good things about Arcadia as well. Most recently a mention that Arcadia 14% is effective at 24 inches...

I am using the Zoo Med ReptiSun LED UVB Terrarium Hood - 24" which can bee seen at https://www.joshsfrogs.com/zoo-med-t5-reptisun-led-uvb-terrarium-hood-24.html for reference. In looking I did not that the Arcadia and Reptisun are both 24 watt tubes and as i can replace T5 with T5 I don't see any reason why i couldn't put the Arcadia tube in there.

I am wondering if anyone has done just this and if there was any issues.

Also while I did see a post that with a reflector and the fixture mounted inside the 14% was good up to 24 inches i haven't been able to find the correct distances for the 12% mounted inside, only for on a screen. If anyone has the right ranges for the 12% and 14% Arcadia mounted inside with the reflector inside (no screen) or can point mew in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched the board for hours but haven't been able to find a minimum range of the 14% or good ranges for the 12%.

If its helpful, what i am looking to do is raise my UVB up in a 4'x2'x2' enclosure. Currently it is suspended and hanging down for correct distance with the Reptisun 10.0 T5, but since my fixture also has LEDs for visual light it would help to be higher for those to more naturally light the enclosure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You will need to raise the fixture up to the screen - so its flush w/ the screen -- I have the Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a 14% Arcadia in one of my tanks and have it clear to the top of the screen basking decor is sitting under the UVB about 18 inches or so-- distance for the Arcadia 12% bulb is 12-15 inches from basking decor - both are inside the tank -- my other tank is currently using the 12% bulb and was lowered to the 12-15 inches - I have recently tried to find 12% Arcadias and cant find them now out of stock every where I went - so I have had to reorder the 14%'s where I found them --- its good thing I have the tall tanks - it gives me the options of using one or the other --
Karrie

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I agree on great having options. I actually don have screen as my enclosures are custom built with vents on the sides that are up high on the hot side and low on the cool side to promote natural air flow pictured below. Please excuse the plain look the picture was taken when building the actual enclosure was completed and I was letting them adjust to that before adding new decor they had also never seen as this was an upgraded size and the old decor just didn't fit the bigger size. Its kind of the never ending project for them always trying to make it better.

What I am thinking sounds right with your helpful information is the 2' UVB light on the hot side is to fabricate a rock like area from foam and grout/cement it. Which ranges on that from around 23" to 18" from the UVB with the basking spot to be at 18" at highest and ramp down (maybe with a angled hammock or the custom rock) to allow so variation in basking temps. Cool side having a shade area as well as some climbing/hammock area as well.

My concern was the post I saw said 24" for the 14% and with added decor height i didn't want it to be too close.

4DR68KJ.jpg

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
i recommened Arcadias Jungle Dawn led bar, it unlocks their pinal gland makes them more calm and improves cognitive function as they interact with light amongst other things , it emits pure sun like light and emits a few rays of sunlight like PUR, PAR and CRI. It doesnt have the nasty blue and red diodes like zoo meds led fixture that causes purple hazing . its worth it as it can run for ten years straight so i run it 12 hours a day my arcadia bar will last 20years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom