New Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsal8

Hi everyone! I’m new to the bearded dragon family and need some help. I did some research before and calculations and bought a start up kit only to do even MORE research after the fact and see that what was included in the kit is either useless or bad for my beardie. I just want my dragon to have a good, happy, and healthy life in its environment. Can anyone offer some pointers as to what to get instead of what’s in the kit and maybe whether or not some of it is good for a baby dragon. Thanks!

The kit includes:
20 Gallon glass terrarium
(1) 12" Hood w/fluorescent lamp
1 Combo deep dome lamp fixture
(1) 10 lb VitaSand substrate
1 Reptile thermometer
1 Food/water dish
1 Bag of food
1 Repti Calcium

Thank you!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Samsal8":2d01a491 said:
Hi everyone! I’m new to the bearded dragon family and need some help. I did some research before and calculations and bought a start up kit only to do even MORE research after the fact and see that what was included in the kit is either useless or bad for my beardie. I just want my dragon to have a good, happy, and healthy life in its environment. Can anyone offer some pointers as to what to get instead of what’s in the kit and maybe whether or not some of it is good for a baby dragon. Thanks!

The kit includes:
20 Gallon glass terrarium this is going to need to be upgraded very soon - they outgrow them very quickly I would look at getting a tank 75-120 gallon he will out grow a 40 gallon as well
(1) 12" Hood w/fluorescent lamp what is the brand and bulb? You will need to upgrade this as well I recommend a 24" fixture w/ reflector -- and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5
1 Combo deep dome lamp fixture what is in this NO colored bulbs! basking temps need to be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
(1) 10 lb VitaSand substrate-- bad idea -- causes impaction and harbors bacteria I would use paper towels for now or newspaper
1 Reptile thermometer if this is a stick on it only gives ambient temps you need a digital probe thermometer - you can get at petco or petsmart $6
1 Food/water dish
1 Bag of food-- ditch the pellets feed to your crickets or roaches - they need fresh green salads every morning long w/ live insects like crickets or dubia roaches I highly recommend dubia roaches better feeder and more nutritious
1 Repti Calcium is w/ D3 I am thinking it is given 5 x per week dusted on the insects and you need vitamins 2 x per week
If you need more help please ask --- is your little one eating salads ? Here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

Karrie

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom