Lighting Set-up Double Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuaBlua

Hello! I got a new baby bearded dragon on the 1st, and to say the least I'm in love!

I'm a complete newbie with dragons, so just wanted to double-check everything in the enclosure is good. (My Mother instincts have kicked in to the max, I'm having 10 breakdowns a day worrying if she's okay!)

The enclosure is 120cm long.

In terms of lighting, I've got the Arcadia T5 UVB 14% bulb, and the PR Basking Spotlamp 100W. I tend to keep the basking spot at like 35°C to 43°C, depends on how she's reacting to it. The overall hot side stays at about 33°C?? and the cool end at about 24°C.
She tends to bask through most of the day, however recently she's started exploring more of the cool side including the hide there, which to me suggests shes becoming more comfortable? Makes me so happy!

Is everything okay with the lighting? I've attached some pictures of it, please let me know if there's something I need to change! (I've also included a picture of her, her name's Shiho! :D)

108197-6753138671.jpg
108197-2228388316.jpg
108197-7855800590.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you stopped by to have everything checked out. Welcome to the forum! Your setup looks fantastic. You have a top of the line UVB bulb and your temps sound like they're in the right range and you have a good gradient across the enclosure. There is a basking surface and hide. She should be a happy camper. Please let us know if you have any other questions about her care and we'll be glad to help. Also feel free to share stories about her adventures with you =).

LuaBlua

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1dwmmw86 said:
I'm glad you stopped by to have everything checked out. Welcome to the forum! Your setup looks fantastic. You have a top of the line UVB bulb and your temps sound like they're in the right range and you have a good gradient across the enclosure. There is a basking surface and hide. She should be a happy camper. Please let us know if you have any other questions about her care and we'll be glad to help. Also feel free to share stories about her adventures with you =).

Thanks for confirming! I'm glad all is good, and I'll be sure to share our adventures. :D

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Very cool setup! Love the wood panel look. I look forward to hearing more about your little Shiho!

LuaBlua

Original Poster
MariosDad":3p5dbrsn said:
Very cool setup! Love the wood panel look. I look forward to hearing more about your little Shiho!

Thank you so much! We can't wait to share :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Your setup is good :)
The only thing I would change, is moving the UVB tube more towards the left hand side. You want the highest UV to be at the highest heat. And conversely with the cool side having the lowest UV too.

-Brandon

LuaBlua

Original Poster
Claudiusx":278j4xdv said:
The only thing I would change, is moving the UVB tube more towards the left hand side. You want the highest UV to be at the highest heat. And conversely with the cool side having the lowest UV too.
Ahh yes, I was slightly worried the UVB should be more towards the left hand side once we'd installed it, since she'd obviously need optimum rays from her basking spot. It's just such a pain to change because you have to actually drill the thing into the ceiling! I'll see what I can do and hopefully get it more to the left! :D

LuaBlua

Original Poster
I was also wondering if anyone could recommend me some thermometers? I have 2 in there at the moment but I'm not sure exactly how accurate they are and would rather be safe than sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom