UVB bulb questions I didn't find understandable answers to

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I know many of you use Reptisun T5 HO 10.0
Does the 10.0 mean it is 10%?

I was looking into Arcadia D3+ and it looks like they recommend the 12% or the 14%.
On another site I read that the 14% is too much for many setups, especially smaller ones. We have a 36x18x18 currently.
We will be setting up on top of a screen, but it is not the usual mesh type screen - it's thicker and harder. So I'm thinking we probably actually do need the 14% but am a bit confused.

In the last 2 months I've read probably 20+ articles and many posts and such trying to understand all about lighting, and this was something I only came across yesterday.
Can anyone help clarify?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The 10 % is the UVB --- Arcadias are a good strong bulb - I do not recommend a 14 % for a tank that does not have a height of 24" I am using a 14% in my Zen but it is 24" high and I have that bulb strapped to the top of the mesh inside the tank -- I would get the Arcadia 12% and have your basking decor approx 8-10 inches from the UVB or a Reptisun T 5 and the same distance -- you can mount inside the tank if you wish and have it 12 - 15 inches from basking decor
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom