Lighting help for a custom enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashiita805

Hi guys I need help ASAP please. So my husband converted an old 9 drawer dresser into a enclosure for our baby Chapo. It looks awesome and we are just about done and Chapo is ready to move into his new house The only thing that has a stumped is the lighting set up. Do we have to have the domes for reflection or can we disassemble the lights and just use the porcelain sockets and put them into the lid of the dresser and just have the bare lights like that? We have the uvb hood already I’m place but I need two other lights for basking and ceramic heat! Please help cause we are stuck!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't have to use the domes if you don't want to.

I wouldn't recommend taking them apart though. You can get porcelain sockets made to be mounted at home improvement stores for around 3-7 bucks.
90-445

-Brandon

Tashiita805

Original Poster
Claudiusx":twummva9 said:
You don't have to use the domes if you don't want to.

I wouldn't recommend taking them apart though. You can get porcelain sockets made to be mounted at home improvement stores for around 3-7 bucks.
90-445

-Brandon

Thank you Brandon! Now one more question these sockets would need to be lowered to 18 inch above his basking area right?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They don't need to be, you just would need to find a bulb and wattage that work for your setup and distance. Of course the closer it is the the basking site, the less powerful of a bulb you would need though.

However the bulb already will stick down quite a few inches depending on the bulb, so factor that in too :)

-Brandon

Tashiita805

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2eaho6ng said:
They don't need to be, you just would need to find a bulb and wattage that work for your setup and distance. Of course the closer it is the the basking site, the less powerful of a bulb you would need though.

However the bulb already will stick down quite a few inches depending on the bulb, so factor that in too :)

-Brandon
I took some pics let’s see if I can upload them b4 work

Tashiita805

Original Poster
Tashiita805":2qyd3rx6 said:
Claudiusx":2qyd3rx6 said:
They don't need to be, you just would need to find
108192-8806503187.jpg
108192-6494554751.jpg
a bulb and wattage that work for your setup and distance. Of course the closer it is the the basking site, the less powerful of a bulb you would need though.

-Brandon
I took some pics let’s see if I can upload them b4 work
108192-8806503187.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom