Vivarium not getting hot enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
See if she will lick it off the spoon if not syringe feed- like 1ml- mix the squash w/ the olive oil and honey- I gave straight baby prunes to mine--- took him about a day and he pooped- how is she getting water if she's not eating greens-- I wash my greens before serving but IAM also giving super worms silk worms and horn worms on top of the dubias--- the horn worms are a good hydrating worm if she's dehydrated she won't eat-- if you want website s to order worms / dubias let me know I will post them
Karrie

beaniethebeardie

Original Poster
I’ve since altered the placement of her thermostat sensor to the other side of the tank, and I’m happy to say her temps are now almost perfect!! Her basking spot is a LOT warmer now. Her UVB has also been changed, and she’s already looking a lot happier than before!! I’ve bought some natural laxative baby food to try if her poop situation does change in the next few days. Thank you for all of your help!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The lighting being corrected is going to help w/ the digestion process -- correct basking temps will increase digestion and the UVB is going to help w/ the absorption of her calcium she needs for bones along w other health issues -- it is vital that is correct for a healthy dragon - it will also help w/ the eating appetite -- how have you fixed the UVB
Karrie

beaniethebeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":19z7v3i6 said:
The lighting being corrected is going to help w/ the digestion process -- correct basking temps will increase digestion and the UVB is going to help w/ the absorption of her calcium she needs for bones along w other health issues -- it is vital that is correct for a healthy dragon - it will also help w/ the eating appetite -- how have you fixed the UVB
Karrie

I switched the bulbs so her desert UVB is at the front and the natural light bulb is at the back. I shifted some of her decor around so she can get about 9-10 inches from it.

In response to your earlier post, she has a bath 3-4 times a week with Reptisafe so she can have a drink. I also dusted the bugs she had last night with more calcium powder than usual, and she's spent a few hours basking yesterday, which she's never done before. I bought some prunes for her as well.

Do I need to get a reflector for her natural light bulb? The reptile shop told me it was just to provide supplementary light and that she wouldn't be absorbing anything from it.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Where does she tend to bask? The front on decor or the back on the shelves? The uvb bulb should be above that spot. The natural light bulb doesn't need a reflector but the uvb does. Why so many baths? To try and get her to poop or some other reason? Does she seem to like them? Only asking because 3-4 baths a week is a lot. If it's to get her to drink have you tried offering her water with a syringe and putting drops on her nose?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I agree 3-4 baths is a lot in a week --- if shes eating her greens salads you can wash/ rinse them before serving and she will get moisture from them -- also feeding carrots to your insects crickets or dubias at nite before feeding in the morning along w other foods like fruits as well will gut load them and hydrate the feeder giving the dragon hydration as well --- just dont feed carrots to the dragon too to much Vit A -- most on here only give baths when absolutely necessary -- like if they have pooped all over themselves or trying to get them to go poop or really dehydrated and trying to get them to drink --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom