Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vest596

Hey so i have a 40g for my beardie at the moment i think he is about 2-3 months old. I have a T5 10.0 2/3rds of the tank up top then a 100w basking and i stuck a compact 10.0 UVB on the other side of the basking just for extra. Now my question is he does not really go to the side of the tank with the T5 unless he is pooping or chasing food. Mostly he is on basking side will he still get enough UVB from it even if he isn't over there? His temps are 108 in basking, 90 around it and 75 on the cool side of the tank
107880-4656820805.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should move the UV bulb to the right so that it's alongside the basking light.
That way highest UV exposure is in the same place as the highest heat.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So you put a coil in there as well???? Get rid of it its not doing any good if that is what you did --- the T 5 is plenty and if you cant get it moved he will go to the light he needs -- those coils are not any good and in the 40 gallon tank its doing no good --- they are basically a killer of dragons --- if you use them in a small tank like a 20 gallon its iffy - I rehomed a beardie last Sept and she had a coil when I got her but she was also malnourished far to gone to save and when I put the T 8 over her she sucked it up --- your doing more harm than good w/ the coil------------ just saying
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom