Best heat bulb for 55-65 gallon tank (temporary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My heating lamp burned out today. Fortunately we found a shop near us that is open and sells exo terra heatbulbs.
My question is: what heatbulb is the best for a 55 to 65ish gallon tank? Exo terra intense basking spot 100w or Exo terra intense basking spot 75w?
Also, I plan on replacing the current tank with a 75 gallon tank when I get the money to buy one. Are ceramic tiles good for the floor of the tank? The current tank uses them, so I figured I would use them as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes on the tiles --- as far as basking bulbs you need to have a digital probe to get an accurate temp and it is trial and error------------- for basking for babies 105-110 for adult / juvies 95-110--- its good to offer a gradient heat for them - like a nice log decor piece that has different places for them to sit lay or lay under would offer that - that way they can pick where they want to sit for temps
Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
As Karrie said it really is a trial and error thing. Everyone's tanks are different just like everyone's house temps are different and they both play roles into how a bulb will warm up a tank. I personally don't like spot bulbs, they are good at getting the basking spot the correct temp but often drop off too quickly around that spot and the rest of the tank may be too cool. I use regular halogen house bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom