UVI reading for t5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Does anyone know what the reading is for a t5 reptisun in a zoomed fixture. I don’t know what this fixture would compare to on taterbugs lizard madness guide. Thank you

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have the fixture personally, but most all reflectors are made the same, so it should be around what you see in taterbugs guide.

-Brandon

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
There’s several different fixtures with reflectors on that guide I’m just not sure which one to compare mine to so I can get a estimate of my setup with the equipment I have.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Generally, they double the output.

The arcadia reflectors weren't actually tested in that chart, they are just estimated. Noted by the cross annotation.

If you want to get as close to accurate as you can without buying a meter, use that chart to find out what your bulb produces without a reflector, and then just double that (or use 96% which is what they used for their estimates on reflectors they didn't have)

-Brandon

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
So if I’m reading that chart right my equipment would produce something like 5-7 uvi at 12 inches?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds about right for what I get with my bulbs and fixtures. That's why we recommend 12-15 inches away for T5 bulbs :)
Note that is for the basking surface.

It should be a greater distance in the rest of the tank. I like to have a gradient down to 0 on the cool end.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just hooked mine up and tested it. 3.0 UVI at 14''. 3.5UVI at 12''. 4.5UVI at 10''. 5.4UVI at 8''. This is using a ReptiSun 10.0 T5 in the Zoomed hood. The measurement is taken directly under the bulb.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
CooperDragon":11hub2e8 said:
I just hooked mine up and tested it. 3.0 UVI at 14''. 3.5UVI at 12''. 4.5UVI at 10''. 5.4UVI at 8''. This is using a ReptiSun 10.0 T5 in the Zoomed hood. The measurement is taken directly under the bulb.
Mine has similar readings, same bulb and fixture. :0)
(*edited to turn off notifications)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Claudiusx":1vuwgu8y said:
The solarmeters are really the only option for the average hobbyist.
+1, but don't bother with the R version unless it's really important to you to pay extra for a picture of lizard. AFAIK, the non-R version is identical except for the lizard. (Marketing) :roll:

FWIW, I have 3 Reptisun T5 10.0 bulbs, and a Sunblaster fixture. I have no functional reflector, but I get UVI of 3.1 - 5.0 at 9" from each of the 3 bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom