Outdoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hi there, as it is starting to warm up here in Washington I've been considering crafting an outside enclosure for my beardie so she can enjoy the sun without me having to hold her the entire time :)

I live on the edge of the forest, so I can't really let her free roam (I'm scared she will take off, and I have a leash but she doesn't like it very much. It's a corded one, not like a harness. Some have told me the harnesses are better) but I'd like to give her some space to run around and enjoy the sunshine and the grass. I am most worried about any birds..

What kinds of materials would you guys suggest I use? I can do wood as a frame and maybe some wire net? It'd be a good idea to put that on top for protection right?

I can't do anything extravagant like some of the outdoor enclosures I've seen -- I am only a teenager and would most likely not have too much money to invest. I can get help from my dad for the building itself, though.

If anyone has any pictures of theirs I would love to see them for some inspo! As well as the materials used :)

Hey there and I see no one has replied so I'll chime in; I've been giving the thought for an outside enclosure as well for when Bruni gets bigger. Right now he's smaller so I wouldn't give serious consideration until he's fully/near grown. But I think your idea sounds fine! As for birds they are the biggest concern; do you have a scarecrow of any sort that you could potentially put near the outside enclosure? Are you planning to be out there the entire time???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe a wooden frame with some chicken wire would do. You'll want to build it so there are some shade areas available but also loose enough wire to allow sunlight through while preventing large predators from entering. I would still supervise her when she is in the enclosure but you wouldn't have to be quite as vigilant as you do when you are holding her with no leash. If you want a less permanent (and more portable) option you could get a play pen like this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SFA8KBS/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom