Oh no, not another UVB question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsoto

Sorry.

Light: Reptisun 10.0 T5HO 24" Tube
Fixture: ReptiSun® T5 HO Terrarium Hood

So, I've had little Ori since the 19th. Originally I had his fixture about 12" from his basking rock, but more often than not he always preferred to be laying next to it instead. (Less heat there at 95 F too. I thought babies enjoyed it hotter at the 105-110 range like his rock was. Hm.)

So yesterday I decided to lower it so he can get within range of it there on the floor. It's 10" from the rock now and 14" on the floor.

But... now I'm second-guessing myself if this would be better. I read here that my lighting setup would have to be 12"-15" from the basking spot. Maybe I should just get'em a different basking item so that it's both 12" from it and 14" from the floor.

Though brings me to another question. How does the UVB exactly span out? I've seen some people have the basking lamp at the end of the UVB fixture to its side. I have it at the end, parallel. His hammocks are right next to it. When he chooses to go on it, is that still putting him in the range of the UVB despite it not being under him?

His tank is both bare and a rush job at the moment; still gotta get him some decor, but this whole COVID-19 sitch is quite the bother. (And of course now he wants to lay on the rock. Put a cushion for him on the floor once he kept preferring it but its in the wash atm. Wonder if that was the whole reason...)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its nice to offer a gradient heat - go to petsmart.com look under the reptile decor - they have nice pieces that offer different gradient decor -- I am sorry I am not seeing the UVB in the picture and yes if its inside the tank it needs to be 12-15 inches from the basking decor piece---- I dont use hammocks in my tanks as it tends to throw off basking temps etc ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom