4100 or 6500 kelvin t5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Curious on your advice. I found a 6500 kelvin t5 that’s 1750 lumens or a 4100 kelvin t5 that’s 3500 lumens. Which one would be better for additional light?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Doesn't matter too much. What are the Kelvin ratings of the rest of the bulbs in your tank?

I say it doesn't' really matter because the Kelvin scale is a scale based off human interpretation of light. It's how we see it, not how other creatures see it. That's why the spectra analysis is really what's important. But even that, is just the tree, not the forest.

3500 lumens is really bright though. I'd nix that one just for that reason.

-Brandon

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
What are your thoughts on led bars for extra light it will be used with a megaray for extra light.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have no personal experience with using LED's but they should be fine as long as they are an OK spectra. Many LED's have 1 or 2 large spikes in the blue range, and another which i'm not recalling off the top of my head right now, which is quite unnatural. But like I said, it's really not that big of a deal. Forest vs. the trees :)

Personally, I'd just use a low wattage incandescent or halogen, but I think I told you that already in another thread. Only risk you have is you know your dragon didn't like the other bulb. Would suck to spend a bunch on an LED array and him not like that either.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Rubble1212":eak6q4je said:
Curious on your advice. I found a 6500 kelvin t5 that’s 1750 lumens or a 4100 kelvin t5 that’s 3500 lumens. Which one would be better for additional light?
My uvb fixture is 6200 kelvin and 2232 lumens here is the light I use it is really cheap compared to the others ones of the same quality https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
Has it's own reflector and wattage is made for the wattage of brand uvb tubes the kelvin and lumens doesn't really matter it's just technical talk of how it eluminates the light being projected

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Claudiusx":2v7bd3p4 said:
I have no personal experience with using LED's but they should be fine as long as they are an OK spectra. Many LED's have 1 or 2 large spikes in the blue range, and another which i'm not recalling off the top of my head right now, which is quite unnatural. But like I said, it's really not that big of a deal. Forest vs. the trees :)

Personally, I'd just use a low wattage incandescent or halogen, but I think I told you that already in another thread. Only risk you have is you know your dragon didn't like the other bulb. Would suck to spend a bunch on an LED array and him not like that either.

-Brandon
Yeah I think the leds with the red and blue like reptisuns uvb led fixture aren't good but acardia has alot of supporting evidence of how their jungle dawn leds work in bringing out more natural behaviors and such

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Those led lights are mostly used for dragons in a more natural setting helps plants grow and other things even though plants can do good under uvb also but acardia claims their brand led bar can open reptiles "third eye" or their penal gland good for arid reptiles such as beardies I've heard like I said it just emits other spectrums of light that the sun would as far as I know not a nessecity but maybe by future standards it will be . They use them in their own enclosures and arcadia is the lighting I go by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom