Enclosure adjustments? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbaby42

I got a bearded dragon a few weeks ago he has been doing really good he’s been eating drinking pooping. But I noticed when he’s in the enclosure he gets stress marks but when I take him out his marks go away. Idk what this means. Please any advice?
His cold side is 70 to 80
His basking spot is 100 to 110
His lights
2 Thrive 5.5 deep dome lamp
Thrive 13 watt uvb bulb
Thrive 150 watt basking bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the 13 watt coil bulb--- what size tank is he in? You need to get a fixture I am guessing a 24" w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb either the T 5 or a T 8--- the coil is no good --- they cause a lot of health issues --- basically hes getting no UVB if hes in a tank like 40 gallon --- basking temps are good as long as they are accurate-- meaning NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you need a digital probe from Petco or Petsmart for around $5 -- also a infrared heat gun is a good investment as well and you can get them from your local home improvement store $10-12
Karrie

Zbaby42

Original Poster
KarrieRee":jydwfvnl said:
Please get rid of the 13 watt coil bulb--- what size tank is he in? You need to get a fixture I am guessing a 24" w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb either the T 5 or a T 8--- the coil is no good --- they cause a lot of health issues --- basically hes getting no UVB if hes in a tank like 40 gallon --- basking temps are good as long as they are accurate-- meaning NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you need a digital probe from Petco or Petsmart for around $5 -- also a infrared heat gun is a good investment as well and you can get them from your local home improvement store $10-12
Karrie
He’s still a baby and right now I’m a 20 gallon but I have a 40 gallon for him when he gets bigger. What is a preferred basking bulb and uvb items? And I have a infrared heat gun. Idk when I will be able to get more item from the pet stores because of everything that is going on.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You have a 40 gallon now --?? Move him he will do fine ---- you can order the 24" fixture from here these people are fast and good they send by Fed Ex --- www.pangeareptiles.com -- they have a 24" fixture for $32 w/ a reflector -- the 10.0 bulb is around $20--shipping is $7 --- you can have it in a few days -- the 150 watt basking bulb should be fine as well -- just make sure you get a temp on his basking spot -- you may haft to drop to a 100 watt -- you can order a digital probe from them as well or even petsmart or petco --- is he eating?
Karrie

Zbaby42

Original Poster
KarrieRee":5c2kzfmp said:
You have a 40 gallon now --?? Move him he will do fine ---- you can order the 24" fixture from here these people are fast and good they send by Fed Ex --- http://www.pangeareptiles.com -- they have a 24" fixture for $32 w/ a reflector -- the 10.0 bulb is around $20--shipping is $7 --- you can have it in a few days -- the 150 watt basking bulb should be fine as well -- just make sure you get a temp on his basking spot -- you may haft to drop to a 100 watt -- you can order a digital probe from them as well or even petsmart or petco --- is he eating?
Karrie
yes I will move him. he is a really good eater. he loves hunting his food especially his dubia roaches. he also gets salads on some days and when I first gave him salad he started eating it without me trying to make him. so yea he is a really good eater

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep us posted --- again he will go thru relocation stress after moving him :)
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom