Basking bulb has gone out twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Like the title says, I’ve had to replace the basking bulb twice in candycanes enclosure so far. I’m not sure if the bulbs were faulty or the fixture is faulty because it has been fine in wilburs cage. We bought exo terra clamp lamps. Anyone have this problem before?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What bulb are you using?

And is it near the max rated wattage of your fixture?

I never had much success with "reptile" basking bulbs, never lasted too long for me either. That's why I use just normal household bulbs.

-Brandon

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":3mdc0ulz said:
What bulb are you using?

And is it near the max rated wattage of your fixture?

I never had much success with "reptile" basking bulbs, never lasted too long for me either. That's why I use just normal household bulbs.

-Brandon
They were exo terra bulbs built for the enclosure. I'll try the household bulbs though for basking what kind do you buy?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use the Br40s but I know some others use the PARs also. Truth be told, throughout the years i've use basically every household bulb there is lol. As long as it puts out the temperatures I want, I'm good with it.

In one of my tanks, I'm actually using one of those vanity globe bulbs for bathroom vanity lights. It works quite well for the setup it's in.

Trial and error, but once you find the bulbs that work for your setup, you're set! They are so much cheaper and typically last longer IME.

-Brandon

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2ufh7ced said:
I use the Br40s but I know some others use the PARs also. Truth be told, throughout the years i've use basically every household bulb there is lol. As long as it puts out the temperatures I want, I'm good with it.

In one of my tanks, I'm actually using one of those vanity globe bulbs for bathroom vanity lights. It works quite well for the setup it's in.

Trial and error, but once you find the bulbs that work for your setup, you're set! They are so much cheaper and typically last longer IME.

-Brandon
Awesome. I’m just wondering why it’s Candycanes bulbs and wilburs are ok, especially since she’s the top enclosure so she has more airflow so idk how or if it’s overheating why wilburs wouldn’t too. Oh well. I will def try the household bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom