Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
That's going to depend on:

• the ambient temperature of the room where the enclosure is/will be
  • the heat-loss of the enclosure
  • the output of any other bulbs or heat producing items in the enclosure
First let me ask why do you think you need one?
Would a hotter basking light do the trick?
If it's for nighttime, what's the nighttime ambient temperature of the room where the enclosure is/will be?
If we're talking about a glass walled terrarium type tank, have you considered insulating it? Half-inch rigid foam insulation (white, pink, or blue) works very well. Insulate the back, sides, and top (except where the lights and ventilation are). Assuming we're talking about a baby dragon, this is also a less expensive option for when you upgrade the enclosure when the BD gets larger in a few months.

Once the other question have been addressed, finding the best wattage is usually a matter of trial & error to get the temperatures in the tank right, i.e. you may have to buy more than one and settle on the one that does the job. The same trial & error applies to finding what wattage basking light works best.

As far as brands, I would check out the options someplace like Amazon, and look for large numbers of positive (5 star) reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom