Floor temperature question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Hi there, and thanks for adding me to the Beardie community! Im about a week away from getting my beardie and I’ve got a question and hopes to get some answers! I’ve used a probe to find my temps as I’ve found with research. Basking area is currently 110, ambient is 88 and cool side right around 79-80. The ambient and cool side temps is about mid tank level, basking is upper tank level. My question is, what should the floor temp of the terrarium be? It’s a bit cooler than mid tank temps, like 60s! My tank size is 36L x 18w x 17h. Thanks in advance!

Dustin

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Don't sweat the floor temp unless your tank happens to be sitting on a block of ice. :lol:
The warm air will heat it up enough. The only surface temp you need to monitor is the basking surface, and it sounds like you're doing that.

Many of us use an inexpensive temp gun; they're fast & accurate, and you can use them to measure bath water temps & more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom