Where should I put my UVB tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimminicrickets

Hi! Not too sure how this works but I'll give it a go since I've been told this is a good place to find out about my UVB things.

So I've recently purchased and assembled the "55w Arcadia UV Flood D3 + 12% UVB Reptile T5 Lamp + reflector and controller" and I've been given the okay for this one.
I'm just not sure where to put it/how far away it should be from basking.
I have a 3ft x 12" x 15" enclosure (I've been told that this will be alright for the first year for a baby), wooden with sliding doors.
Also could use help for my basking bulb which is a 75w Arcadia Floodlight.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

For that bulb, you want it to be 6-8 inches from the basking site according to Arcadias UV output chart which is available to view on their site. Or 15-20cm from the basking site.

Those numbers are assuming no screen is in between the bulb and the dragon, as the screen will cut down on the available UV.

As for your heat bulb, you'll just have to play with distances on it or maybe even wattages. I just use normal household bulbs in my tanks. That way it doesnt break the bank trying to find the proper bulb.

However, the d3 flood isnt a t5 bulb. So are you sure of the bulb you are using?

-Brandon

Jimminicrickets

Original Poster
claudiusx":3bzcfdyo said:
Hi there,

For that bulb, you want it to be 6-8 inches from the basking site according to Arcadias UV output chart which is available to view on their site. Or 15-20cm from the basking site.

Those numbers are assuming no screen is in between the bulb and the dragon, as the screen will cut down on the available UV.

As for your heat bulb, you'll just have to play with distances on it or maybe even wattages. I just use normal household bulbs in my tanks. That way it doesnt break the bank trying to find the proper bulb.

However, the d3 flood isnt a t5 bulb. So are you sure of the bulb you are using?

-Brandon
Hi! Thanks for responding. I believe it was just listed as that but that may be a mistake on my end. Either way, thanks so much for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom