Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Well there really are 3 different temperatures you want to have right.

First and most importantly is the basking surface temp. For a growing dragon, I like to aim for around 105. And I try to stay under 110.
The hot side will be around the 90s
And then there should be a gradient down to low 80s or less on the cool side.

Make sure you are using an accurate device to measure with. Dial thermometers are no good. Proper temperatures are about the most important thing to dragons health :)

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Zachryhenslee":wzlga4ti said:
What is the optimal temperature to keep a young bearded at? Mine is currently at 99.7 degrees Fahrenheit
That seems too warm to me.
IMO:
  • Daytime inside the enclosure should range from ~80°F to ~90°F (Use digital thermometers w/ probes)
  • Daytime humidity: 30% - 40% (targets) (Digital hygrometer/thermometer-can replace one of above)
  • Nighttime enclosure temp: room temp (above 65°F)
  • Nighttime humidity: ˂ 55% (target)
  • Basking surface: 95°F - 105°F (Mine prefers 100 - 105 right after meals, but cooler (90s) the rest of the time). I recommend a flood rather than a spot. Floods provide more of a gradient, while spots give you a small hot spot surrounded by ambient. You can measure the surface temp w/ a digital thermometer probe or--better yet--a temp gun.
  • UV: Reptisun 10.0, T8 or T5 (I prefer the T5--greater range and lasts twice as long as T8) See the charts at https://zoomed.com/t5-ho-reptisun-10-0-uvb/

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Zachryhenslee":dtcgviww said:
What is the optimal temperature to keep a young bearded at? Mine is currently at 99.7 degrees Fahrenheit
95-115 farenheit is good and what I keep mine around if your beardie isnt basking with his mouth open your basking spot isnt hot enough but if he is doing that too often it can be too hot or he his running dashing under it etc your best friend is a tempature gun you can get one for under 10$ on amazon shopping or ebay if you can wait forever make sure it's a good gradient have high and low spots to get different temperatures throughout where his basking bulb is if your max temperature Is only 99.7 in my opinion is too low maybe lower your basking bulb or get a higher wattage or maybe you just dont gave driftwood In the right place etc. Mine sits right on the 115 spot just fine he loves it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom