Best heat bulb brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
I have been using the zoomed 100W basking spot bulb ever since I have gotten my beardie and they never last long. I have to replace it every few weeks, which isn’t ideal for me seeing I don’t live within 2 hours of a pet store. I researched it and saw that more people were having this problem as well. I have to get the 75 W from Walmart for now until I can get someone to go get the 100 for me, but is there a good brand that will last a bit longer?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am using the Exo Terra bulb -- they seem to last for several months but they burn hot too so I am sure that is why they only last so long--- I dont know if there is any good bulb out there - others are using halogen flood lamps - I tried it but it was way too hot but I also did not have it suspended above the tank so that is why it got so hot - mine sit directly on top of the screen -some others on here might be able to give you ideas on brands
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I don’t have a lot of room above my tank for the ones you must suspend above. I will try the exo terra! I got the zoomed about a month ago, and it has already burnt out. Thanks!

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":1fayds2e said:
I am using the Exo Terra bulb -- they seem to last for several months but they burn hot too so I am sure that is why they only last so long--- I dont know if there is any good bulb out there - others are using halogen flood lamps - I tried it but it was way too hot but I also did not have it suspended above the tank so that is why it got so hot - mine sit directly on top of the screen -some others on here might be able to give you ideas on brands
Karrie
You use the Exo Terra intense basking bulb right? I use the same and it works well for me.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I'm currently using a 75W incandescent flood. If I had a different fixture, halogen is OK too (they burn out in a day or two in current fixture).

I prefer a flood to a spot, because they spread the light out wider, giving a range of basking temps, especially if you can mount them at an angle to the basking surface (rather than straight down). I've tried a number of brands--so far all have worked fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No the bulb is a Exo Terra 150 watt and it sits on the top of the screen -- I get them when Petsmart has them for buy one get 50% off second- at the moment they are using the Exo Terra 100 watt because it has gotten so hot - even w/ my A/C running I had to down grade the bulb strength --- they will go back to the 150 this winter plus I run 100 watt CHE's as well - it keeps the tanks around 70 at nite during the winter months -- we live in MN so its cold here
Karrie

Ok. I am using a 100w now and it sits on top of the screen on my zen habitat. It’s keeping temps right around 95-97. I put a kinda tall log in for him to get closer to the light.

I had the light fixture hanging inside, but it was just too hot. So I moved it to the top of the tank.

I know this winter I will need a 150w and I have CHE for night time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom