Custom Enclosure Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a really active bearded dragon, she loves climbing swimming and all that good stuff. I want to build her a enclosure that can be taken apart since I live in an apartment and wanna be able to move as my 40 gallon breeder just aint it chief. Anyway I had ideas but dont know where to start. My ideas for starters, I want an enclosure roughly the size of a 75Gal. I wanted a big chunk of the enclosure to be water based, with holes along the walls to vent out humidity. I'd also like to have a plug of sorts to drain the water. This makes it so I can't use melamine or particle board. Ive also seen a lot of enclosures that have these cool platforms that go along the wall (i.e the first picture) of the enclosure, but im not sure how to get away with that without the use of siliconing it (that gets rid of the easy take down). Perhaps be able to split the enclosure by using cut outs, I'm confident the basic weight of the frame would let this work pretty seamlessly. My issue with that is I'd prefer to have a sliding glass front rather than a hinge based door, and the rail for that would probably not let that work with the split. Another problem I can see with this is UVB, as the fixture has to span the enclosure. I know its an ambitious idea and I'm open to any criticism. I guess my main questions from this is what building material I should use, how I could make the mini pond (that doesn't raise humidity to drastically), and how to go about making the platforms to be removable. Any carpenters? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom