new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
106740-5195634984.jpg

just bought him his new tank and this is his set up for now! I’m planning on getting a new hide//basking area set up but he just loves the one he has now and I didn’t wanna stress him out with a new tank AND a different hide. is it okay for now??? I’m so paranoid about everything and anything that has to do with him lol. his basking area is the right temps and the humidity also is good a solid 99% of the time. i just like getting input from other beardie owners :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank looks beautiful --- the UVB is a T 5 ? what bulb are you using? If its the T 5 I would suggest the distance be 12-15 inches from basking spot and it looks from this point there is nothing under it for him to sit -- I would get a piece of decor under it also if you want to protect the flooring I would suggest some textured slated ceramic tile for it cut to the size of the tank w/ a tile cutter -- Home Depot has nice stuff no real course tile something textured and kinda smooth - but something hes not gonna slip on or some textured NON adhesive shelf liner works well too - both are very easy to clean w/ vinegar/water 50/50 in a spray bottle - also you can use a thick shop paper towel under the tile for easy clean up it helps catch the watery urate so you can pull the tile piece replace the paper towel - dont glue or grout the tile --- just lay the pieces in there --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom