Can a tiled floor be to cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann404

I love all the viv with sand, but understand the risk. So in the process of making a new cage, 60x 24. I'd like to know what if anything can keep the tile from being cold anywhere not under a heat source? Also do you grout it in place? Thanks, ann

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Ann

If you're making a tank, I assume it's out of wood?

Wood holds heat in much better than glass opentop tanks. So as long as the air temperature is proper inside the tank, the tiles shouldn't be too cold.

It's not really a worry :)

Most of us don't grout them down so that they can be removed for cleaning if need be.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a tile floor and my tank has a open mesh screen - its the Zen Habitat tank - the floor does not get to cold - my beardies seem like it to sleep on but i also offer a nice fleece blanket in his hide - he doesnt use it very often but sleeps in the other rock / cave on the tile floor -- hot side on the floor is 95 and cool side floor is 80's
My tile is not grouted it is layed in there loose- there is a thick shop towel under the tile pieces to catch the watery urate making it very easy to clean up
Karrie

Ann404

Original Poster
claudiusx":10evbnjf said:
Hi Ann

If you're making a tank, I assume it's out of wood?

-Brandon

Yep our second attempt at a cage. We got some tile tonight that seems very textured. We keep his cage at 70 at night, so i wanted to make sure, the tile wouldnt be too cold covering the whole bottom. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom