Natural Slate Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.

1jedi96

Hey everyone!

I just went out and bought these slate tiles to cover the floor of my baby beardie's tank. I haven't put them in yet and they feel pretty dusty so I was going to wipe them down before I put them in, but I've been reading mixed recommendations about natural slate tile now because of the risk of flaking and their absorbency for bad stuff like bacteria. They overall seem sturdy besides the dust, so if I wipe them down and maybe apply a coat of pet-safe sealant would they be safe to use or should I return them to the store and find different tiles? These were the only tiles at the store that seemed to have a nice texture to them, but I realize I can create texture too with adhesive and sand.

https://www.flooranddecor.com/slate...#shopThisStore=true&useInventory=163&start=18

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am sorry but I would not use those -- they look too harsh for their tummys and feet -- here is a picture of what I am using from Home Depot - it is a textured slated ceramic tile cost was $1.99 per tile and I tiled a 4x2x2 for around $13 --
97951-666388767.jpg
Here is pic of one of the tanks --- I have 2 of them tiled w/ same stuff
97951-7863920475.jpg
Please no smooth tile too slippery as well --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom