He is extremely active at night, is it from the lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palealienos

My bearded dragon, Vincent, is about 3 years old. I’ve been using a ceramic bulb for night time but next to his terrarium is my crested gecko(Houdini) tank. I’ve placed a divider between them to shield each other, I was too afraid of Vincent scaring the tail off of Houdini. For night time I use a 50w night red halogen bulb for Houdini, is Vincent detecting the light and wanting to run towards it to bask? If so, how do I make him understand where his basking spot is? He’s been sleeping all day and is very active at night but it is winter time so I thought it was just him getting ready for brumation at first

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say the red light is keeping him up -- can you move Houdini? I would ---
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
They like it dark and cool (70 to 80 degrees) so your heat emitter my be a problem as well. You can cover his view with a dark towel or something like that.

Palealienos

Original Poster
I’m going to move Houdini to the other side of the room, there’s a wall that will block Vincent’s view from all the light, I’ll update tomorrow thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom